The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005
The Dog Control Orders (Prescribed Offences and Penalties, etc.) Regulations 2006 (S.I.2006/1059)
The Dogs Exclusion (For Land known as Jubilee Field in Chagford Parish) Order 2009
The Chagford Parish Council (in this order called "the Council") hereby makes the following Order:
1. This Order comes into force on 1st December 2009
2. This Order applies to the land specified in the Schedule and known as Jubilee Field.
3. A person in charge of a dog shall be guilty of an offence if, at any time, he takes the dog onto, or permits the dog to enter or to remain on, any land to which this Order applies unless -
(a) he has a reasonable excuse for doing so; or
(b) the owner, occupier or other person or authority having control of the land has consented (generally or specifically) to his doing so.
(2) Nothing in this article applies to a person who -
(a) is registered as a blind person in a register compiled under section 29 of the National Assistance Act 1948; or
(b) is deaf, in respect of a dog trained by Hearing Dogs for Deaf People (registered charity number 293358) and upon which he relies for assistance; or
(c) has a disability which affects his mobility, manual dexterity, physical co-ordination or ability to lift, carry or otherwise move everyday objects, in respect of a dog trained by a prescribed charity and upon which he relies for assistance.
(3) For the purposes of this article -
(a) a person who habitually has a dog in his possession shall be taken to be in charge of the dog at any time unless at that time some other person is in charge of the dog; and
(b) each of the following is a "prescribed charity" -
(i) Dogs for the Disabled (registered charity number 700454);
(ii) Support Dogs (registered charity number 1088281);
(iii) Canine Partners for Independence (registered charity number 803680).
4. A person who is guilty of an offence under article 3 shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.
27th October 2009
Chairman of Chagford Parish Council
All land known as Jubilee Field (fenced, hedged or walled and identified by red edging on the plan) bounded by the Health Centre and Chagford Car Park, Turn Lake, unclassified road number U4218 section 1021 and the lane there from and to the allotments and signed at its entrances as a "Dog Exclusion Area" (whether the sign uses those particular words or words and /or symbols having like effect).